Monday 12 August 2013

Will 'Pitch Perfect 2' Be An International Incident? Stars Skylar Astin, Adam Devine and Hana Mae Lee stump for exotic shooting locales.

Skylar Astin and Anna Kendrick in "Pitch Perfect"         
"Pitch Perfect" was clearly in tune with the Teen Choice Awards, as the a cappella comedy took home four surfboards — including Choice Movie - Comedy — during Sunday's ceremony. But there's no need to pitchslap yourself if you missed the festivities, as an encore performance is already in the works.
Universal Pictures announced in April that a sequel to "Pitch Perfect" had been greenlit and would bow sometime in 2015. So when we caught up with the movie's stars on the TCA carpet, we had to ask what they knew about the follow-up.
'Pitch Perfect' Star Skylar Astin Wants To Go International For Sequel
"There's been talks of a sequel. I have read them just like everyone else has read them," Skylar Astin, who played Anna Kendrick's love interest Jesse, said. "All I know is that it's supposed to come out in, like, two years, so I better hear something else soon. I don't know. I think they're writing the script now, so they don't want to tell us. Hopefully, I made the cut."
As for his sequel wishes, Astin is eyeing an international shoot.
"I want everyone to go abroad. I want the whole thing to be international just so we can film in a really cool location, but also, I think it would be really cool to see different countries' perspective on a cappella," he said. " I think that would be really awesome. Because what do you do after you win nationals? You go international. That's my pitch."
Co-star Adam DeVine, who played Treblemaker leader Bumper, disappeared at the end of "Pitch Perfect," defecting from the group to sing back up for John Mayer, but he has an idea for his character's return.
"I pitched to Kay Cannon, who wrote the movie and is writing the second one as well, that I want to come back as a K-pop star," he enthused. "Like, maybe it didn't work in America, so I went over to Korea and just blew up. So we'll see if she took that to heart and wrote it in the next script."
Coincidentally, it's a very similar storyline to the one imagined by Hana Mae Lee, who played quiet, quirky Barden Bella Lilly.
"You can go so many places," she said of the sequel. "I can go over to K-pop or J-Pop, and Rebel can go to Australia, and all just battle each other worldwide. But we'll see what happens. They're working on it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...