Tuesday 20 August 2013

Lady Gaga Asks Perez Hilton Death Threats To Stop


Lady Gaga has urged her fans to stop sending Perez Hilton death threats, after the online feud she started with the blogger escalated.

Gaga and Hilton, who used to be close friends, have been trading barbs over the past few days, which originally saw the singer claim that Hilton was “sick” and had been “stalking” her.

Hilton then responded by writing a 352 word post entitled, “A Statement On Lady GaGa’s Lies,” which lead to her fans bombarding him with a torrent of abuse that included death threats.

However, because of these messages, Gaga wrote her own blog post, which she named, “A Message from Gaga.” Gaga then sent it to her 39.7 million followers, who she calls her “little monsters.”

Gaga posted it on the Tumblr page of her Born This Way Foundation page, and it noted, “Sending threats of any kind, using hateful or abusive language, and the provoking of others on the internet is not supported by me or anything that I stand for. What I’ve seen transpiring is wrong and upsetting to me, and I’ve made it very clear how I feel about equality and compassion.”

She continued, “I know how angry you feel sometimes, and I know that when they say things about me you feel that they are saying them about you as well.”

Gaga then added, “But music is about love, and is about sharing in the magic of theater. Although pop culture and society have become more negative and critical of the artist over the years, by engaging in this negativity you are allowing it to spread (sic).”

Previously, Hilton refused to go into the details regarding the demise of the friendship, writing, “While it is still too painful for me to go into detail about why I chose to no longer make her a part of my life, I will say that I am a critic and not a ‘stalker’.”

Do you think this is the end of Lady Gaga and Perez Hilton’s feud?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...