Saturday 25 October 2014

Jay Sean Leaves Cash Money Records, Preps Mixtape

Jay Sean


After a pair of albums with the label, British singer/songwriter Jay Sean has left Cash Money Records.

The split comes six years after he signed to Cash Money, releasing 2009's All or Nothing, which spawned the No. 1 single "Down," and 2013's Neon.


Despite parting ways, the release ended on good terms. "I had and still maintain a great relationship with [Cash Money CEOs] Slim and Baby," Sean revealed to Billboard. "They believed in me and my talent and our partnership obviously garnered a lot of pop success."

Why did he leave? Jay says he wants to return to his R&B roots. "It got to the point where I was chasing pop success and 'the smash' when really my heart wasn't in it anymore," he explained. "That's not why I got into this game."

Newly independent, the singer is set to release a new mixtape, entitled Mistress II, due out in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...